[THIN] Registry/file monitoring

  • From: "Stratton, Doug MSER:EX" <Doug.M.Stratton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 10:57:49 -0700

Hi
I am trying to identify what IS the best tool for monitoring registry
activity.  (hunting down problem applications and things like that).

We currently use REGMON from Sysinternals.  It is a pretty good tool.

What would be really good is if there was something that could tell you who
was running the process that was identified as modifying a registry setting.
Regmon does give a process number but if you want to leave it to run on its
own you might not see it until to late.

If you have any tools that do this please let me know.

Thanks

Doug Stratton,
TDA, Workplace Support,
http://icw.ista.gov.bc.ca/I_wss/workplace.asp