[THIN] Re: Redirecting My Documents via the Registry

  • From: "Gabe Knuth" <gabek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 15:46:12 -0600

You're only changing HKCU, which really just maps back to your personal
registry.  I may be wrong, but I think if you create the same key under
HKLM, you'll be all right.  This will be a global change on that
machine, however. =20

You could set permissions on the new key so that only specific users
have read access to it.  This would provide for some flexibility.
Either way, make sure that everyone you would like to have the folder
redirected for has access to the new key.