[THIN] Redirecting My Documents

  • From: "Jeff Bolton" <Jeff.Bolton@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2010 10:22:17 -0400

Hello List....

We have our user's "My Documents" folder mapped to an "H:" drive which
is located on one of our file servers.  Each branch office has a file
server and the user's home drive is located on the file server in that
office.  Our PS4.5 farm is located centrally at our corporate office.

As each site has a different file server, the path to the home directory
changes depending on which office the user is from, ie: the mapping
would look something like:
 \\site_fileserver\users\username$

When users launch applications published from the Citrix farm, it seems
to be somewhat random as to whether the "My Documents" folder that they
see is located on the file server as it should be (which is mapped via
the domain login script), or locally on one of the Citrix servers.  This
seems to be worse with MS Office applications, but it happens with other
applications as well.

How can I force the "My Documents" folder to always point at the users
home directory, regardless of which application they are running and
which branch office they are coming from?

Cheers
        Jeff

Jeff B. Bolton
Lead System Administrator
Biovail Corporation

---
The information contained in this e-mail message may be privileged and
confidential information and is intended only for the use of the individual
and/or entity identified in the address of this message. If the reader of this
message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible to
deliver it to the intended recipient, you are hereby requested not to
distribute or copy this communication. If you have received this communication
in error, please notify us immediately by return e-mail.  In this circumstance,
we request that you delete the original message from your system.