[THIN] Re: Redirect My Computer's location

  • From: "Matt Kosht" <matt.kosht@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 15:05:34 -0500

More background...

I am using NDS(Novell) as the directory service and use the Dynamic Local User
(which works great) to create the account.  I am also roaming the user's
profile from a Novell server.  There are other ways around the My Computer
thing (like forcing the save path's in each application to be on the file
server instead of the local user profile directory. This is a pain though and
most apps just assume use of My Computer out of the box.

Novell ZenWorks supposedly can manage the user's policy with an ADM file that
is managed inside NDS.  Is there a place in an ADM file I can set this?
Forgive my ignorance of all things Microsoft.
-Matt

>>> roglesby@xxxxxxxxxxxx 11/19/2003 2:44:16 PM >>>

You could do it in the user's registry in their shell folders (Personal) the
problem with this is that it often breaks the SETPATHS.CMD that is called by
userlogon (since it enumerates these)   Ron OglesbySenior Technical Architect
RapidAppOffice 312.372.7188Mobile 815.325.7618email roglesby@xxxxxxxxxxxx