[THIN] Re: Redirect App Data

  • From: Greg Reese <gareese@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 16:28:08 -0500

i've never had any issues with it.  Been doing it for years.

i have not done it on windows 2008 though.  A nice thing to do if you go
this route, is to set a logoff script for your users to create the paths in
their home drive and copy up the contents of their local appdata.  Then when
you do flip the switch to put them on a server based one, it is all there
waiting on them. We did this when transitioning users to thin clients and it
went over really well.

I redirect all profile things to H:\Profile except "personal" which just
goes to H:\

currently, I redirect Application Data, Favorites, History, Recent, Cookies,
personal, and My Pictures.  i just hard code it in the default profile.  GPO
redirection has burned me too many times.