[THIN] Reconnecting to a disconnected session behind WI2/CSG

  • From: "Pardee, Michael P." <MPardee@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 08:48:29 -0500

I have been searching forums and trying some of the suggestions such as
ensuring ICA Keepalives are enabled, but I am getting more and more users
that work from home having problems reconnecting to their sessions that get
disconnected for one reason or another.

I don't believe the disconnects are on the system end.  I believe it is on
the user's end with their Internet connectivity.

When they reconnect to the WI/CSG, re-enter their credentials, they get a
new session.  The complaints are primarily driving from Outlook usage since
you can only have Personal Folders open from one instance at a time.  Their
disconnected instance is holding the folders open, so they can't access them
for the new session.

Although we can come up with a workaround for the users to kill their
initial Outlook process holding the folders open, I would rather we fix the
problem instead of applying a Band-Aid.

Any help, as always, is appreciated from the list.

> Michael Pardee

Email Confidentiality Notice: The information contained in this transmission is
confidential, proprietary or privileged and may be subject to protection under
the law, including the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act
(HIPAA).

The message is intended for the sole use of the individual or  entity to whom
it is addressed.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that
any use, distribution or copying of the message is strictly prohibited and may
subject you to criminal or civil penalties.  If you received this transmission
in error, please contact the sender immediately by replying to this email and
delete the material from any  computer.
This Weeks Sponsor: ThinPrint, GmbH
for Microsoft Terminal Services
http://www.thinprint.com/dotprint/index.php?s=682&lc=1