[THIN] Re: Recommended AV for Citrix?

  • From: "Webster" <Webster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 07:32:47 -0500

It is nice to know the company founder.  They gave me a copy to use to write
an article on using it with Citrix.  I just haven't gotten around to
finishing that article yet.  When it is written it will appear here:
http://www.dabcc.com/Webster .  I like the product, its small footprint, it
management console and I love their support.  I have it running on my home
network and all my grown kids use it on their computers.

Most people have never heard of the company or the product.  That is a shame
as the company, its people, its support staff and their products are all 1st
rate.

Webster

From: thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of IT Support
Subject: [THIN] Re: Recommended AV for Citrix?

Looks interesting. Does anyone else use it?

Nice to see they actively support citrix too.....

From: thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Webster

From: thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of IT Support
Subject: [THIN] Recommended AV for Citrix?

Hi Everyone,

I'm reviewing our AV solution - we currently use F-Secure on our Citrix
Servers and whilst it does the job, we're finding it increasingly sluggish.

I've been told through the grapevine that the core F-Secure engine hasn't
been updated for a while and it might be better to look for an alternative.

What do you use?

I use Vipre from Sunbelt Software.  Very fast, very small footprint,
excellent support and a great price.

Webster