[THIN] Re: Recommend a 3rd party app to customize Outlook 2000

  • From: "Claus, Brian" <BClaus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 08:22:28 -0500

Well, I've tried to get signature functionality but if a user sets up a
signature in Outlook 2k, their changes are lost when they log out.  It's
been awhile since I've played with it but if I remember correctly the
problem is something with the way that Outlook uses the registry to set
this and some other functions up which aren't saved in their profile.

We use a temporary local profile that is deleted when the user logs off
and we're mapping them to a \\servername\sharename\%username% share for
their user drive.

If you know how to get the signature functionality that would solve our
biggest needs for customization.

=20

  _____ =20

=20
Brian Claus, A+, Network+, MCP
Network Administrator
WESCO Distribution, Inc.
225 West Station Square Drive, Suite 700
Pittsburgh, PA 15219-1122
Phone:  412-454-2412
Fax:  412-454-2540
bclaus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:bclaus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>=20