[THIN] Recent Places unpopulated when running published Windows Explorer

  • From: James Rankin <kz20fl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2013 14:08:10 +0000

I have a client who publishes Windows Explorer to the user's H: drive via
XenApp 6.5.

The weird thing is, when the user opens a document using the published
Windows Explorer, nothing is written to the Recent Items or Recent Places
folders.

However, if they do the same thing when using a published desktop on 2008
R2 rather than the published version of Explorer, the documents and folders
the user opens are written to Recent Items and Recent Places respectively.

The settings to enable this are set for the test user and the GPOs that can
turn off these functions are Disabled.

Anyone ever seen this happen before? (I'm ever hopeful) :-)

Cheers,

--
*James Rankin*
Technical Consultant (ACA, CCA, MCTS)