[THIN] Re: Receiver 3.0 changed end user icon?

  • From: Dan Dill <DanD@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2011 09:52:36 -0800

I'm currently digging into this, apparently for users to use the agent/receiver
they also need the self service plugin, however that to use that self-service
plugin to launch applications it requires delivery services.  Delivery services
kind of being like an improved web interface but not the same thing...?

With the new receiver I've found it respects applications that are pushed into
the users start menu however it looks to me that you need the self-service
plugin or they have to hit a web interface server to launch apps that aren't
pushed into the start menu.  Which is lame.

I don't think this is what you were asking exactly but figured I'd at least
share in your "WTF citrix?" moment...

Dan Dill