[THIN] Receiver 3.0 changed end user icon?

  • From: "James Scanlon" <James.Scanlon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2011 14:46:03 -0000

We have installed the receiver 3.0 on our test environment.
We use xenapp only - not XenDesktop etc...
And have found that when calling pnagent.exe or pnmain.exe the icon is
now black - called the receiver - along with numerous and options to
exit, Preferences etc.....
All the 'right click' option have changed - users can open preferences
and turn on settings, right click and exit the application.

Question:
For access 'just the same way as previous' can we just load PNAGENT as
it used to run?
Or alternatively can we just 'hide the preferences and exit' menu items
in the receiver window?
If we use this ADM file (or its listed registry keys)
http://support.citrix.com/article/CTX126787)? If we hide the Icon - how
will clients refresh their applications?
Or do we need to stay with version 12.x of the XenApp Client and be done
with it???

Cheers
James

______________________________________

C. Hoare & Co. is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority
with registration no. 122093.  The FSA’s address is 25, The North Colonnade,
Canary Wharf, London E14 5HS.
Registered in England no. 240822.  Registered office 37 Fleet St, London, EC4P
4DQ

Confidentiality Disclaimer:
This message and attachments are confidential and may be privileged, and are
sent for the personal attention of the addressee(s).  If you are not the
intended addressee, any use, disclosure or copying of this document is
unauthorised. Information transmitted by email may be intercepted, lost,
destroyed, corrupted or delayed and as a result, C. Hoare & Co. do not accept
responsibility for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message. If
you would like to confirm the contents of this email, please request a hard
copy version.

If the contents of this message are of a personal nature, the email will have
been sent in a personal capacity and not on behalf of C. Hoare & Co.

Monitoring/Viruses:
C. Hoare & Co. may monitor all incoming and outgoing emails in line with
current legislation. Although emails are screened for viruses, C. Hoare & Co.
cannot guarantee that any transmissions will be virus free.