[THIN] Re: Reboot issues

  • From: "Mr.DizZz" <mrdizzz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 10:37:47 +0200

Does a manual reboot do a better job?

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] Namens
Dirk Blose
Verzonden: dinsdag 19 april 2005 17:17
Aan: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Onderwerp: [THIN] Reboot issues

I have two issues with my new farm. I am running windows 2003 and
Metaframe XPe with FR3/SP4. I've setup a scheduled reboot using the
ActiveReboot script. The problems I am experiencing are when the server
reboots.

1. The IMA Service fails to start along with some other services.
2. Everything appears to be running but I cannot connect to the server
using ICA or RDP.

In each case a reboot of the server will cause everything to come up
normally. I have applied KB842506 to fix the logins disabled on Reboot
using tsshutdn issue. Nothing is showing up in the event logs to
indicate any issue.

Any ideas?

Dirk Blose, MCSE, CCA
Lead Technical Analyst
(919) 765-4791
dirk.blose@xxxxxxxxxx

This Weeks Sponsor: RTO Software TScale
stability for thin-client servers like Citrix MetaFrame or Microsoft
Terminal Services running Windows NT, 2000 or 2003.
http://www.rtosoft.com/enter.asp?id=296