[THIN] Re: Reboot Script Failing

  • From: "Erik Gerard" <GERARDE@xxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 10:47:13 -0400

Last time that happened to me, it was a service that kept hanging which =
would not allow the server to complete the reboot.=20

The newer SHUTDOWN.EXE has a switch, /C that forces running applications =
to close.

>>> GReese@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 09/23/02 08:18AM >>>

Sometime last week, my nightly reboot script decided to stop working.  I =
=3D
has been working just fine for months up to this point.

I can see messages in the event log of  "Server shutdown in 30 Seconds" =
=3D
etc and the script is firing off ok.  But it never actually reboots.  It =
=3D
is dead to the network, no connections can be made to it.  The console =3D
is running just fine and I can manually reboot it from there and it =3D
comes back up fine.  There are no other messages in the event log.  This =
=3D
is happening to all three of my terminal servers.  They are all Win 2k =3D
Sp2 w/ hotfixes, MF XPa 1.0 SP/FR2.

I did log on and run the script form my session and it worked fine and =3D
that server was then good for a couple of days and then started failing =
=3D
again.

Has anyone seen this kind of behavior before or have an idea what might =
=3D
be happening. Or know of a better method for rebooting.

Thanks!

Greg