[THIN] Re: Reboot Schedule

  • From: "BRUTON, Malcolm, FM" <Malcolm.BRUTON@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 11:55:11 -0000

Yes but when you have several hundred servers that you patch and suddenly
they don't work it causes far fewer problems to patch slowly and make sure
you test as much as you can before you patch.

I'm not so keen to tell 3000 users that they can't do anything today as we
are removing a security hotfix and they can't work until we are finished.

Hopefully you should have other security systems in place to prevent some of
these critical updates being a problem until you can fully test and release.

I believe that if you start rushing our every new patch a manufacturer
releases it will end in tears unless you conduct proper testing.

Malcolm