[THIN] Re: Reboot Schedule

  • From: "Joe Shonk" <joe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 06:18:30 -0700

Yes, Windows has gotten much better over the years (stability that is).  The
largest issue now is having to reboot after a constant stream of new
security patches.  Printer drivers?  Ehh, a little but not much.  So, the
drivers don't Blue Screen the server, they only kill the spooler.  There are
still a lot of incompatibilities...  That's why there is the UPD, Uniprint,
Simplified Printing, ThinPrint and the likes...  (and it's really good to
hear Citrix is going to support EMF in the next release, it's about time)

The major problem days are still the applications...  Poorly written
applications and arrogant vendors are still an issue and will continue to be
an issue.

Joe