[THIN] Re: Really weird problem - Please help

  • From: "Jeff Durbin" <techlists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 13:56:38 +1300

Try deleting her profile.

-----Original Message-----
From: thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Ryan McBride
Sent: 17 December 2003 1:23 PM
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [THIN] Really weird problem - Please help

Ok,

This is really strange, but ill do my best to explain whats happening.

Environment:
MetaFrame 1.8 FR1 SP3
W2k Svr SP3
Compaq ML350 G2
All Desktops are Win2k Pro SP3.

Problem:

We run a number of published application for remote site users. One of them
is a DB Package called "The Care Manager". The problem is where one of the
girls at a remote site logs into the published app, everytime she types, the
space bar brings up the letter "k". When she tries to backspace out the "k",
it wont work, the only way to get rid of it is to highlite it and use the
delete key.

We have done a lot of testing so far.
* User A, logged into her machine, into citrix and into Care Mgr as herself
- Problem occours
* User A, Logged into her machine, into citrix as herself, but into caremgr
as IT - Problem Occours
* User A, Logge into her machine as herself, into citrix as a IT login, into
Care Mgr as herself OR IT - Problem Occours
* User A, Logged into her machine, Citrix & Care Mgr as IT - Problem Occours
* User A, Logged into DIFFERENT machine as herself, citrix herself & Caremgr
as herself - Problem occours.
* User B, logged into "Different" machine, citrix & CareMgr as User B, No
Problem!!!

Another point of interest. When i shadow the user through Citrix in the
Published, i can see the problem myself, but when i type i dont get the
keyboard problems with the letter K. Same goes if i remote control her local
machine with Netmeeting. I can delete things she cant and dont get the
Letter K either.

Its got me stumped, so any help woudl be greatfull

Ryan McBride
IT Helpdesk
ithelpdesk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
02 9939 8007 (ext 5007)

Important

Please note that The Benevolent Society has moved to a .org.au Internet
domain. This means that all e-mail addresses have changed from
@bensoc.asn.au to @bensoc.org.au. You may need to update the details in your
contact list.

The addresses for Social Ventures Australia remain unchanged as
@socialventures.com.au.

Disclaimer

The above information is confidential to the addressee and may be
privileged. Unauthorised access and use is prohibited.Internet
communications are not secure and therefore this company does not accept
legal responsibility for the contents of this message. If you are not the
taken or omitted in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful.