[THIN] Re: Re Installs while users are logged in

  • From: "Pavlo Ignatusha" <pignatusha@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 08:13:09 -0500

Mustafa,

If you switch server to Install mode your connected users gonna be just
fine. They will not be disconnected. I tried this with several softwares and
it worked just fine. In fact I was installing a newer version of Patient
Information system and all I had to do was to kick these few users off who
were using that package I was about to update. Users that were using other
packages (Ofice, financials) stayed logged on and since Patient Information
system did not require a reboot everybody were a happy campers.

HTH
Pav