[THIN] RM with AD

  • From: "BRUTON, Malcolm, FM" <Malcolm.BRUTON@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 13:47:18 -0000

Hi All

Have a wee issue using RM on XPe FR3.  Wondered if anybody has come across
this

We are in between migrating machines and users from NT4 to a Windows 2003
Domain.

We can publish apps etc to AD accounts and groups etc.

Whenever we try and run a Resource Manager billing report that uses a cost
centre that contains an AD group we get an error as below

If I remove the AD group form the cost centre and rerun using just NT4
groups this works fine.

All our Citrix server are in NT4 but we have tried with a single server in
AD with the same result (Data collectors and Farm Metric server and SQL
server still reside in NT4 domain)

Can somebody verify that this works with just a pure AD domain.

I have logged a call with Citrix and was told that some of their code does
not properly support AD and they had no plans to fix !! Something about a
complete rewrite of RM to support trusts.

Any other ideas of how I can obtain data form the RM database.  Is Crystal
reports a good way?  We only trying to audit who logs on and at what times.

Thanks

Malcolm

The Royal Bank of Scotland plc. Registered in Scotland No 90312.
Registered Office: 36 St Andrew Square, Edinburgh EH2 2YB.

systems or data.  No responsibility is accepted by The Royal
Bank of Scotland plc in this regard and the recipient should carry

                               Visit our websites at:

http://www.rbs.co.uk/CBFM

http://www.rbsmarkets.com