[THIN] REQ: App to kill process after XX seconds of maxing out

  • From: Andy <andysideas@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 15:40:53 +0000

I have been using TSCALE for a while. I confess to not being a pro using the
app.

It works seems to work by reducing the priority of rogue crashing apps.
Which is great, but I would like it (or something else) to kill the affected
app after XX amount of time.

for example, we have an app that I can make crash. It max's out at 25% CPU
(I think this is Tscale kicking in) but never closes.

Our users are have a very small amount of computer know how. They do not
know how to use task manager to kill a process.

So I am looking for either a new task manager that is clever to display a
popup box to the user asking if they want to kill it OR get one to do it
automatically based on certain criteria