[THIN] Re: REPOST: O2K - save as

  • From: <Dave.Boatman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2002 11:09:50 +0100

I'm sure I'm not the only one to be suffering from this !!

W2K Terminal Servers on a AD domain. Office 2000 - Word.

How can I stop my users within Word from selecting File,"Save as" and =
then
using the up
button (yellow button) to browse the entire network - rather than just
putting the file in "my documents" which is on their home drive.

I've hidden the "common dialogue places bar" and the "common dialogue =
back
button" with group policy.. but was wondering if there was something I =
was
missing or will I have to revoke the rights to list folders for users =
?.. or
is there another way ? The users can't see "my network places" within
windows explorer but only when using Word. I've also not yet added any
service packs for O2K. I have the option of upgrading to Office XP if =
this
helps.

Thanks for any pointers.

Dave Boatman