[THIN] REPOST- Kernel Mode Driver Issue-Can't change Policy-Urgent Pleas e Help

  • From: "White, Collin" <cwhite@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 10:11:26 -0500

Hello All,  I am having an issue with Kernel Mode Drivers.  In the
GPedit.msc on my 2003 server, the policy to allow this type of driver
(Disallow installation of printers using kernel mode drivers) does not
appear in Computer Configuration/Administrative Templates/Printers.

Please note that this server was just upgraded from 2000 server and I also
upgraded to Metaframe XP Feature Release3/Service Pack 3 at the same time.
I have another 2003 server that was a fresh install with FR3 and the policy
shows up.

Does anyone know how I can change the policy, the server gives an error that
policy is enabled, but I have no way to change it.  Is this because it was
an upgrade and not a fresh install?

Thanks for your help,

Collin White