[THIN] Re: RE : stupid question ... AT command

  • From: george.wasgatt@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 15:59:19 -0500

I think he's being bit by the security context that the AT command runs in.
When you test the command manually from the command prompt the batch file is
being executed in the security context of the logged on user.  That user
probably has the rights to do what he is trying to do.

When the AT command executes later (note that you don't have to be logged in
for this to happen either) what security context does the command happen in
? The one that the TASK SCHEDULER service runs in.  If the TASK SCHEDULER
service is started up as local system account then exactly what rights does
that account have ?  Not much, I think.

Try changing the login account for the TASK SCHEDULER service to the one you
are using to test the batch file.  I'll betcha it'll work just fine until
you change the password for that account next month and forget to update it
in the service.  Guess why I know about this last part ?