[THIN] Re: RE Safari on Citrix Fwd: OT: Dear Apple... stay off of my desktop, out of my quick launch, and out of my System tray and Registry Run Key!

  • From: "James Lilly" <james@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 11:50:30 -0400

Hey now, Vista isn't THAT bad, it it?  J

On a serious note, you can get Safari as a separate download without
QuickTime, as well.  But, of course, Apple should have enough brains running
around Cupertino to code a check box to turn the QT install on and off in
the full download, as well.

James

From: Jim Kenzig

Ok I don't usually rant too often but I've just about had my fill with Apple
Software. They have recently released a beta version of their
<http://www.apple.com/safari/> Safari Web Browser that runs on Windows .
Good for them.

/Rant On
On the few Mac's I have used, I'll admit, I really like the Safari browser
it is quick and intuitive. That being said, Apple decided to bundle Safari
Beta 3 with its hailed Quicktime media player. The incessant beast that no
matter what you do plants itself in to your registry Run key and insists on
reappearing even if you delete it.

Apple feels that it is in their right without even asking you during
installation, to place icons on your desktop, in your quicklaunch, in your
system tray and on your start menu not to mention in the root of your start
menu, not even in its own folder! This combined with the fact their
Quicktime qttask app getting put on the run key of the registry and can not
be removed no matter how hard you try, makes this Apple software a piece of
crap that should not ever be put on a Windows PC.

Yeah, I know it is a beta but here is more crappola, because it included
Quicktime, the Safari beta uninstalled my version of quicktime that I had
all set up nicely and had already added my plugins to, and wiped it all out
leaving me to have to reconfigure quicktime again and go out and find the
plugins. 1st thing of course I have to do again, is to get that incessant
icon out of my system tray and quick launch bar. WTF?

Apple, you are supposed to be a major player in the computer industry, why
can't you learn how the install process works in Windows and not be so
virulent? Ask users if they want you in all up in their face.. don't just
assume they do!

Get a clue!

/Rant Off

Jim Kenzig