[THIN] Re: RE : Re: Stop Logon Scripts on Citrix

  • From: Mark Lee <marklee15@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 12:39:28 +0100 (BST)

Forgot to mention incase anyone picks up on it, by calling

%SYSTEMROOT%\block.cmd

on a machine without the script in the WINNT dir the main logon script will
just continue - I know its an obvious statement but it needed making for
completeness. ;-)

Mark

 Mark Lee <marklee15@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
The login script is executed from within USERINIT.EXE and not the Gina,
therefore, can only be blocked by

1. Custom condition testing in the script (best way probably)

2. Remove USERINIT completely with not so good consequences

3. Rewrite USERINIT - overkill for this task

Most folks here do the same as us by checking COMPUTERNAME variables at the
start of the script ! An alternate way would be to put the following in your
main login script

@echo off
%SYSTEMROOT%\block.cmd
// remainder of the normal logon script

Then on any machine you want to stop the logon script from executing you create
a file called BLOCK.CMD in the WINNT directory which can either be empty of
contain specific commands for that machine and because we didn't CALL the
script it will pass execution from the logon script then terminate, ie. the
main logon script will just stop !!!!

HTH

Mark

>>> thierry.tissot@xxxxxxxxxx 04/25 5:32 am >>>

I think you could stop your logon script by developping your own
gina.dll. I've done that to disable roaming profiles but I can't for the
moment disable logon scripts.