[THIN] Re: RE : Re: Starting application in an isolate memory context.

  • From: "Ron Oglesby" <roglesby@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2003 11:12:48 -0600

Well if that is really the setup with the app it is written pretty
poorly. BUT softricity may fix it.  My concern is that launching the
same app within softricity two times may for the same user may run it in
the same virtual runtime environment. SO it may not fix it off the bat
BUT if the same app was sequenced twice or the app SFT (software pckge
for softricity) was copied and the second session was launched from that
you would be fine since that would be two sessions.=20

The problem here may reside with the app itself. Softricity does not fix
ALL problems just a lot of them. Like if an app writes to the global
heap, it wont fix that, it is still a bad app, get it?  Anyway its worth
giving a shot if you must absolutely have two sessions of this app.

Does the vendor have anything to say about this situation? Because if it
does what you are saying it probably does it from workstations also.

Ron Oglesby
Senior Technical Architect
=20
RapidApp
Office 312.372.7188
Mobile 312.961.2380
email roglesby@xxxxxxxxxxxx
=20

De : thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] De la
=3D
part
de Ron Oglesby
Envoy=3DE9 : samedi 22 mars 2003 16:01
=3DC0 : thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Objet : [THIN] Re: Starting application in an isolate memory context.

I like softricity software but an not sure the memory (or sharing it) is
really the problem here.=3D3D20

I am not saying that its not but it really sounds like the application =
=3D
is
seeing the original connection (an possibly open app files) and re-using
them itself. (poor application). It also sounds to me like this app is
looking at its user names and info from a central location (like reading
=3D
an
INI and Config files or reg entries) from C:\programfiles etc, and HKLM
instead of the users home dir and HKCU>

If that is the case Softricity would straighten that out by running it =
=3D
in
the Virtual runtime environment that isolates it. But I would not spend
=3D
the
money for softricity for a SINGLE application unless this is the major =
=3D
money
maker at a company and "it just has to work".

If I could use it for other apps (and probably would) I would spend the
money then.

Ron Oglesby
Senior Technical Architect
=3D3D20

From: thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On =
=3D
=3D3D =3D3D3D
Behalf Of Thierry
Sent: Saturday, March 22, 2003 4:38 AM
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

    Hello,
=3D3D3D20
        Here is my problem :
=3D3D3D20
            I have an application published on Metaframe XP (Windows =3D
=3D3D3D
2000 SP3). This application use Tuxedo 6.5 to connect to an application
=3D
=3D3D3D
engine.=3D3D3D20 =3D3D3D20
            If I start this application one time from the client =3D3D3D
everything works fine, but if I start it two times the data of second
session =3D3D3D appear in the first session instead of good ones. The =
=3D
solution
to solve this =3D3D3D problem is to make a connection from the client =
out
=3D
of the
farm and param this connection with another user login. In this case it
works but we don't =3D3D =3D3D3D find this solution good. Is there any =
way =3D
to launch
a citrix application in =3D3D =3D3D3D an isolate memory and =
environnement =3D
context so
that global variables and =3D3D =3D3D3D share memory of first session =
won't
=3D
be
erased by the second one ? =3D3D3D20 Thanks Thierry.

TScale increases terminal server capacity.=3D3D3D20
Get 30-40% more users per server to save $$$ and time.=3D3D3D20
Add users now! - not more servers. If you're using Citrix,=3D3D3D20 you =
=3D
must
learn about TScale!  Free 30-day eval:
http://www.rtosoft.com/Enter.asp?ID=3D3D3D3D79

TScale increases terminal server capacity.=3D3D20
Get 30-40% more users per server to save $$$ and time.=3D3D20
Add users now! - not more servers. If you're using Citrix,=3D3D20 you =
must
=3D
learn
about TScale!  Free 30-day eval: =3D
http://www.rtosoft.com/Enter.asp?ID=3D3D3D79
TScale increases terminal server capacity.=3D20
Get 30-40% more users per server to save $$$ and time.=3D20
Add users now! - not more servers. If you're using Citrix,=3D20
http://www.rtosoft.com/Enter.asp?ID=3D3D79

http://www.rtosoft.com/Enter.asp?ID=3D79