[THIN] RE : Re: Outlook 2002 Email Notification

  • From: "Daniel Luneau" <Daniel.Luneau@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2003 10:09:02 -0500

Hi Bruce,

In our environment, the reminders problem occurs because we had more =
than one Metaframe servers. When we started OL2002, it checked the key =
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Office\10.0\Outlook\Setup\First-Run and compared =
it with the one of the current user's registry. If it were different, =
the key in the user's registry was changed for the one of the server but =
the reminders were not working. If we were lucky enough to log on the =
same server two times in a row, the registry keys were the same and the =
reminders were working.

Many scripts exists to replace the registry key of the user at login =
time and when Outlook starts, the keys are already identical.

We don't use these scripts, instead, we changed the HKLM key and made it =
identical on all our servers. It took two logins for each user to =
correct the problem.

Daniel Luneau
Analyste en informatique
Service des Technologies de l'information
Ville de Sherbrooke
T=E9l=E9phone: (819) 821-5435
T=E9l=E9copieur: (819) 821-5470