[THIN] Re: RE : Re: Compaq

  • From: <brock.akister@xxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 17:07:25 +0100

Smart start 7.0 does not support DL380 G1 servers I think the last =
version that did was  6.4 . There was some documentation about win2k3 on =
a DL380 G1 on the HP web site. If you can't find it email me and I will =
try and dig up the copy I downloaded.

I find both HP & IBM pretty helpful there hardware and software is very =
good generally. No experience of  other vendors.
I like the way HP is going LDAP authentication for Remote insight boards =
and other management tools for their servers.

Regards,=20

Brock Akister=20

Systems Integrator (TSAD)=20
*Tel:        01702 377305=20
*BT Net:  00782  7305=20
*Mob:      07711  793933=20
*Brock.Akister@xxxxxx=20
* Centre PP4B 06 Southend Main TEL EXCH (LND-SS)
221 London Road Westcliff-On-Sea Essex SS0 7BT=20

 VERY SATISFIED customers is our passion......if you're not, let's talk!

BT Group plc
Registered office:  81 Newgate Street London EC1A 7AJ
Registered in England and Wales no. 4190816=20
This electronic message contains information from BT Group plc which may =
be privileged or confidential. The information is intended to be for the =
use of the individual(s) or entity named above. If you are not the =
intended recipient be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution =
or use of the contents of this information is prohibited. If you have =
received this electronic message in error, please notify us by telephone =
or email (to the numbers or address above) immediately.=20

Activity and use of the BT Group plc E-mail system is monitored to =
secure its effective operation and for other lawful business purposes. =
Communications using this system will also be monitored and may be =
recorded to secure effective operation and for other lawful business =
purposes.

=20

De : Jason Patten [mailto:pattenj@xxxxxxxx]=20
Envoy=E9 : 25 mai 2004 09:06
=C0 : 'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'
Objet : [THIN] Re: RE : Re: Compaq aggravation

I'd love to use a new version of smart start.  5.3 is the latest we =3D
actually have right now.  I was searching compaq yesterday to find a =
newer =3D
version to download but couldn't find it. Jason

De : Jim Kenzig http://thin.net [mailto:jimkenz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]=3D20
Envoy=3DE9 : 25 mai 2004 08:57
=3DC0 : thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Objet : [THIN] Re: Compaq aggravation

Have you tried upgrading the Bios? Check the Compaq site for softpaq
upgrades. JK