[THIN] Re: RDPCLIP

  • From: Jim Kenzig <web@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 10:32:10 -0400

RDPCLIP is the functionality that lets you copy and paste between the local
desktop to the TS session.  I am not sure why you would not want this process.
Still it doesn't take up that much CPU.  If you really don't want it to run the
easy way to do it may be to just rename the rdpclip.exe file in the
Winnt/System32 folder so that it simply doesn't run.  I am not sure what affect
this would have on the system but it is worth a shot.
--
Regards,
Jim Kenzig

Quoting "Eyles, Richard" <Richard.Eyles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> Hi,
>
> I have a single terminal server running Win2k and using RDP. I have had it
> running for a while now quite well but would like to remove the processes
> that are not used.
>
> I have searched the net and the archives to no avail, perhaps I'm not
> looking correctly but please could someone point me to a resource that shows
> me how to stop RDPCLIP running for each user? We have no need for this
> utility currently.
>
> Many thanks
>
> Richard
> --
> Richard Eyles
> Principal Pharmacist Computer Services
> Portsmouth Hospitals NHS Trust 023 9237 2923 / Ext 5283

This Week's Sponsor - Emergent Online
Essential Thin Client Utilities.
Meet Jim Kenzig of thethin.net at the Emergent Online
Booth #24 at Citrix iForum on October 13th.
http://www.go-eol.com