[THIN] RDP vs. ICA -

  • From: John Twilley <John.Twilley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 16:13:59 -0400

Upper-Management would like me to provide information regarding RDP 5.x vs.
ICA.
I have scouted around and found OLD documents, but I am coming up dry on new
comparisons...

Has anyone been down this road?
I would love to hear how you handled defending Citrix Metaframe...assuming
you did.

What I've found:

http://www.thinplanet.com/opinion/Protocols.asp  old - 1999

http://www.stiv.com/ncd/comp/benchresults.htm   Thin Client Stats

http://www.stiv.com/ncd/comp/rdp4v5.htm  RDP vs ICA  (Early release of RDP
5)

One of the major digs against RDP so far is LOAD Balancing.  Microsoft's
implementation of load balancing is scary.
i.e. glorified round-robin DNS

Thanks,

John Twilley
Catalina Marketing