[THIN] Re: RDP error

  • From: "Murphy, Brian" <bmurphy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 22:08:28 -0500

Actually it depends greatly on the OS type.  For TS license 2k and XP
Professional generate "free" tokens.  In other words, the Windows 2000
Server will issue a free token from it's built in pool (this is per the
EULA).

This is only for W2k Professional and XP Professional.  This does not
pertain to XP Home Edition which is considered an upgrade to ME.

If you cannot telnet to the Terminal Server from this client only then the
problem is obviously with this client machine.  I'm assuming you can
probably telnet from another device and verify connectivity from another
device.

You stated earlier that you can ping the server in question from the client
in question.  However, you get a null response from telnet on this server.
This is strange......

Just wondering if you are running in a native mode domain?  I guess your not
having any problems logging into the domain from this device?  Or, are you
logging into the local machine and attempting to connect?