[THIN] RADIUS

  • From: Adam.Baum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 11:22:30 -0700

Hi All,

I'm trying to get some clients to go through a W2K RADIUS server.
Basically, it's just being used a passthrough from one domain to another.
User logs into their account domain, but the RADIUS server and other
equipment sit in a resource domain.  I keep getting an event id 3 from IAS.
After going through all the event details, it tells me "Reason Code = 6"
and "The server is unavailable".  I know the radius is working because if I
try to login using my resource domain acct, I get an event telling me
access was denied due to a policy setting.  This is what I am supposed to
get.

So...what is reason code 6 and what server is unavailable?  It isn't the
acct domain controllers because I can go to the radius server (in resource
domain) and log into the account domain (thus verifying trusts and server
availability).

adam

http://www.go-eol.com