[THIN] Re: Quickbooks 2002 - Found It

  • From: "Mark (thin)" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2003 15:05:15 -0800 (PST)

was poking throught the archives and found the following:
____________________________________
Subject: [THIN] Re: Quickbooks 2002 - Found It
From: "wjessee2001"
Reply To:
Date: Tue, 04 Jun 2002 15:38:25 -0000

After some more digging around and banging my head I found where
QBAgent or qbdagent2001.exe was causing the problem. I renamed it and
then QuickBooks would close correctly.

Wayne
____________________________________

If the .exe file is renamed, it does work, the published app will close.
The only problem is that if you rename this the customer can no longer do
an update.  When you try - an error pops up 'can't find app' or something
like that.

My thoughts are that there needs to be an app running checking to see if
qbw32.exe if running, if not run logoff.exe.

Something that when lauched, launches qbw32.exe, waits for qbw32 to be
done, then goes to the next line of code and runs logoff.exe.....

Next question is how?

any ideas?

Thanks
Mark Rezansoff