[THIN] Re: QuickBooks Multi-user

  • From: "LDeFoor" <citrix@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2003 06:12:16 -0800

Not sure about 2004, but I do have 1999,2000,2001,2002,2003 (accountants V)
running on a Citrix MF 1.8 Farm

I installed it as a muliple user, with ONLY ONE SERIAL NUMBER.  While Intuit
doesn't support Qb in Citrix, I have found a couple things QB doesn't like.

1.  Restoring/backing up from multiply FLOPPIES needs to be performed at the
server level.  For some reason, even thought I can access my client drives, QB's
doesn't recognize ANY subsequent floppies after the first one.  Just keeps
saying put in Disk 2.  The way I have worked around it, have the users log into
the server locallay (at the console) and do the back / restore.

2.  Your USERS HAVE TO CLOSE THE COMPANY.  If they don't close the company, it
will open for the next person that goes into that version of quickbooks.  EVEN
if that company was passworded!  MAKE SURE THEY CLOSE COMPANY!

Hope that helps a little

This Weeks Sponsor Pearl Software
http://www.pearlsw.com