[THIN] Re: Quick Way to delete profiles

  • From: "Mack, Rick" <RMack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 11:58:21 +1100

Hi Doug,

In that case, deleting a profile involves 3 steps.

1. delete profile dir under \documents and settings
2. find sid of user whose profile you're deleting
3. delete that SID key under HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows
NT\CurrentVersion\profilelist

If you've deleted their account already, this will require a recursive loop
looking at ProfileImagePath values in the SID keys under
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\profilelist for that users
name. Easiest thing to do if you're not up to the scripting is to export the
profilist key to a regfile using regedit and then just search for thr
username to find the SID.

regards,

Rick

Ulrich Mack