[THIN] Re: Quick Question on Streaming

  • From: "Tom Monahan" <thomas.monaha@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 15:20:54 +0000

If the applicaiton is installed locally then the streamed application will
use that. So in your example Adobe Reader would need to be installed locally
on the client.

However if Adobe reader was not installed locally on the client, you would
need to package Adobe Reader and Outlook into the one single package and
deploy that.

On 2/15/07, Greg Reese <gareese@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

ni the middle of a new farm build and I am looking into some streaming
with PS 4.5. I have heard conflicting things on this so I hope some of you
who have had your hands on this can share your thoughts.

If I stream Outlook, what happens when someone tries to open an attachment
like a PDF?  If the reader installed locally (not streamed) does it use that
copy and open the PDF or does the acrobat reader need to be part of the
streamed app as well?

What about a hyperlink?  does iexplore have to be part of the streamed app
package or is it smart enought to know explorer is installed elsewhere and
can use it?

I am building some vm's to test all of this, i am just curious what soem
of you who have been down this road have seen.

Thanks!

Greg