[THIN] Re: Quick PAE question

  • From: "Jay P. Moock" <jmoock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 15:46:56 -0500

But isn't the main purpose of PAE to enable access to memory beyond 4GB,
and then only if the app supports it?  The only reference I can find for
using PAE on a 4GB system is to enable hardware enforced Data Execution
Prevention (DEP).  I agree about the potential benefits on systems with
more than 4GB, in the scenario your describe, but I question its value
on a 4GB system.