[THIN] Re: Quick PAE question

  • From: "Malcolm Bruton" <malcolm.bruton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 14:52:38 -0500

I agree.  Not all that bad.  If you have servers being constrained by
memory you can turn this on to help.  As Joe said be ware that it takes
memory away form the kernel.  i.e. if you have apps with large memory
requirements which dictates a handful of users per server it works well.
If you are looking to boost users numbers and the apps used only use
small amount of memory I doubt you have that much to gain except
squeezing on those last few users.  Using this setting may dictate that
you need to do some kernel memory tweaking as well especially in windows
2000.

Brian Madden has an excellent article amount kernel tweaking etc  I
think it includes PAE etc but I can't find the link.

And one last thing.  Make sure you test it !!!!

Malcolm