[THIN] Re: Question on non-unicode applications

  • From: "TSguy92 Lan" <tsguy92@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2007 09:26:11 -0700

To support a site in France, that needed to interact with their citrix
application in French we did the following:

  - log in as an admin to a server.
  - change the langauge of the system to the desired location.
      - this change should be done via the control panel utility of
'regional and language' options.
      - make sure you change the location in the "region" tab, as well as
go to the Advanced tab and select the language for your non-unicode support.

  - After you've made this change, make an export of your local registry @
HKCU\Control Panel\International
      - it may help to make an export of this key before you enforce a
langauge change, just so you can note the different field data.

  - You should have just created a REG key with all the settings needed to
enforce a particular language for a user session.

You would just need to import this Reg key during login to the users who
require this langauge type, if explorer loads before these values enter
their registry they won't see the desired langauge change until they log off
and log in a 2nd time.

Hope that helps,

Lan

On 4/4/07, Schneider, Chad M <CMSchneider@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 From my administrator in Finland....

Do you know solution for this one? We have Citrix users in Denmark and
Hungary and I want to set Language for non-Unicode programs for them
(Danish, Hungarian).

They have special characters they use and in Mills system (shop floor ERP
at their site) via Citrix it doesn't work. For example character ø they
can type it in but when they press enter it's o.

In word it works but not in non-Unicode programs.

Chad Schneider

Technology Analyst/Citrix Admin.

Bemis Company, Inc.

920-303-7609