[THIN] Re: Question on RDP and clients

  • From: "Bill" <bbeckett2000@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2008 17:45:45 -0400

yep

-----Original Message-----
From: thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Nick Smith
Sent: Wednesday, July 09, 2008 4:28 AM
To: 'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx'
Subject: [THIN] Re: Question on RDP and clients

Do you mean to their desktop PC?

From: thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Beckett, William (Bill)
Sent: 08 July 2008 14:52
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [THIN] Question on RDP and clients

We've got a Citrix web interface and secure gateway on PS 4.0. What we'd
like to do and have been experimenting with is RDP connections from a
user's home PC for example to their desktop at work. The concept works,
however, security wise the client has to be configured to only allow
that particular user to access their specific desktop. A handful of
users have successfully done this, however the caveat here is that each
client has to be touched. Curious if anyone has deployed something like
this on a larger scale and how they've overcome the administrative
overhead.