[THIN] Question about Windows 2003 Terminal Services Licencing, Temp TSCAL issued, and server enabled for per user

  • From: "Shane A Broomhall (CCI AUST)" <Shaneb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 May 2004 12:20:11 +1000

Hi Guys and Gals,

I have been called out to a client site which has one Windows 2003 Terminal
Server.  There are error messages coming up on all the clients letting them
know that they have 3 days until their temporary licence expires for TS.  I
have checked the Licencding server which is also on the same box as the
Terminal Server, and it is licenced in per user mode. From what I have been
able to research, there is no inforcement of the per user mode TS licences.

My question is this.

If the clients have been issued with a Temporary Client licence, what will
happen when these expire ?  Will the clients automatically start using the
per user licences or will I need to go and delete the token on all the
client machines, so that they start using the per user licences.

The first time I saw this site was 2 days ago.

Any thoughts or hints or tips would be appreaited.

Shane Broomhall
Brisbane Australia

http://www.tarantella.com/ttba