[THIN] Query on smart card usage in citric environment

  • From: Puneet Goel <g.puneet@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2015 18:57:53 +0530

Hi Guys! Question on smart card usage in citrix Xen desktop/app environment
at customer side. How do people use it. Exact sequence ? E.g. what I know

Step 1: user inserts smart card in thin client
Step 2: user logs in to a citrix session and is presented with published
desktop/app session.
Step 3: once user clicks published desktop. He is presented with remote
desktop VM login with "PIN"
Step 4: user enters correct PIN and loggs in to windows desktop session

Now is there some scenario in market where this smart card PIN is asked
before a user logs in to citric session itself. ? I have not seen this
behavior. Please suggest.

If there is any supporting doc you can share. I will be thankful to you

Thanks
Puneet