[THIN] Qprinter and wtsuprn migration

  • From: "Chris Fraser" <chrisfraser@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 11:26:42 -0400

Hello all,

I'm in the midst of a NT4/1.8 to NT4/Win2k/Xpe migration and have been
tasked with migrating the wtsuprn.inf from the existing 1.8 farm to the Xpe
data store.

The qprinter command looks like it will do the trick but unforunately it
populates the mapping file on windows 2000 only. In fact it won't even run
on NT4 and I've not been able to locate an NT4 version in the NT4 MF XP sp1
or sp2 media.

I've verified that the imported mappings are deployed to win2k only by
importing the existing wtsuprn.inf using qprinter, restarting the IMA
service on each server and checking the %systemroot%\system32\wtsprnt.inf on
each platform. The file is populated with the desired mappings on windows
2000. The NT4 version is left at the defaults.

Is there a similar utility or hack for NT4 that will let me load these
mappings into the data store?

I guess I could just manually install the wtsuprn.inf on each NT4 server,
but I was hoping there would be a way I could centralise this config into
the data store instead of having to maintain each server manually.

Additionally, any mappings I have commented out with a ';' are still
imported. Odd...

-----
Chris Fraser, ThinApse Corporation     http://www.thinapse.com
604 638 8456                              cfraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx