[THIN] Qbooks 2004 R7 on TS

  • From: "Ron Jameson" <rjameson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2004 13:43:40 -0500

I applied an update to QBooks Premier 2004 (R7) and now no one but
admins can get in.  Seems like intuit did something to increase the
areas in the registry that need more rights.  Grrr.  Anyone have
problems with this patch on Terminal Servers 2003?  I run regmon now and
get an access denied to HKCR/quickbooks.application.1 and this key is
not even there to begin with.  Bizarre.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the original and it works, apply R7 -
now fails.  I cannot find any R6 to go back to thanks to intuit not
having it on their site.  Double Grrr.  If intuit keeps this up, you can
count on us to not recommend them to anyone.

Oh, side note - now even on a reinstall of QB (plus in the past - only
one user got this error), load qb and it wants internet security to
medium or lower.  It is grayed out in IE but for the life of me cannot
find out why.  In my GPO I don't have it checked to not allow users to
change.

Ron
Hamlin Technologies
This Weeks Sponsor RTO Software
users, and time of day possible problems exist.
http://www.rtosoft.com/enter.asp?id20