[THIN] Q816969 Problems: Tcp/IP Parameters may cause Server issues...

  • From: "Lucas Boyken" <lboyken@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 12:16:42 -0500

Just want to let everyone know about how I spent my morning battling a
couple of servers because of MS's new security patch.  If you have
changed the reg by adding TCP Max retransmissions, connections, etc. to
help with Citrix sessions, or whatever, please be careful with this
Security update.  A customer of mine lost two of their servers this
morning after that update was applied.  It took a while to figure out,
basically the systems shut down the TCP/IP Stack, causing a slew of
problems.  Figuring this out was FM, and pulling stuff out my arse.
Anyways, just wanted  to give everyone a heads up.

Respectfully,

Lucas W. Boyken
Computer Systems Associates
Account Manager / Technical Representative
lboyken@xxxxxxxxx
Company Phone:  800.222.7601
Office Phone:  515.332.2751
Fax:  515.332.5687