[THIN] Publishing whadow for helpdesk

  • From: Rob Slayden <rslayden@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 May 2004 23:23:03 -0700

Got a question for the list regarding publishing wshadow for helpdesk. I am
in the process of migrating to MFXPe on 2003 from MF 1.8 on NT4 (15 down and
14 to go, whoo hoo!) and we previously enabled helpdesk access to CSA
through 2 admin servers specifically implemented for that process; no pub
apps on the admin servers. I've decided I don't really need helpdesk users
in the CMC and since all they really need is the ability to shadow users, I
want to publish whadow to about 5 to 8 helpdesk users. What servers are you
folks publishing wshadow to? Should I publish it to the dedicated ZDC
(DL360-3.2GHz with 2GB RAM) or spread it across several of the production
servers? Looking for best practice.

Thanks!

Rob

24 Hour Fitness