[THIN] Publishing apps to Domain Local groups

  • From: Christopher Wilson <christofire@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2010 12:28:25 -0500

Greetings all.

I have an integration problem I'm hoping someone might have some insight on.

*Here’s the situation:  *Merger Closed Friday.  Integration in progress.  Need
to publish Citrix apps to both companies users.

 *Citrix Setup: *One farm CPS 3.0/Windows 2003, one farm XenApp 5/Windows
2008 sp2.  Both have the same issue.

**

*AD set up:* Our users are in a domain with an empty forest root above
it.  Their
users are in a domain with an empty forest root above it.  A trust exists
between the two forest roots.

*Problem:* To publish apps to the other domain I **should** be able to
publish Citrix apps to a domain local group in my domain, and add users from
both domains to that domain local security group.  What I am seeing is that
for applications published to a domain local group, users in that group from
our domain see the app, but members from the other domain do not see the
app.

I can publish the application explicitly to users in the other domain and
they can see and access the application.  This is not an optimal
approach.  Trying
to get the domain local group working for all users.

Has anyone run into this issue before and do you have any recommendations?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Best regards,
Christopher