[THIN] Publishing apps into a desktop

  • From: "Hamilton, Ronnie" <ronnie.hamilton@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 09:00:08 +0100

Hi,

Just wondering what everyone is doing for this ?

I am testing 4.5 at the moment, to move from xp to 4.5 currently we have
a published deskktop were we copy icons into the start menu.

In the new 4.5 with web interface and the pn agent I am publishing the
apps to the desktop am I on the right track or is it still a viable
option to just copy the shortcuts in ?

One other one , I am looking at a couple of silos one for main apps
office etc and one for other apps, should I have a server for publishing
the desktop seperately as I am worried about profile issues.

I was looking at using the varialbe name per silo in the progile path,
but am going to look at flex over the next day or two as I am not sure
this will fully cope with the shado key issue if a servers are rebuilt
at different times.

Thanks

Ronnie

Ronnie Hamilton
Lufthansa Airmotive Ireland
Nass Road
Dublin
Tel : 01 4011253
ltai

Visit our website : www.ltai.ie
45999.   Registered Office: Naas Road, Rathcoole, Co.Dublin.
Reg. No. 140891.  Registered Office: Naas Road, Rathcoole, Co.Dublin.
solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.  If
you have received this email in error, please advise by return email and delete
all copies of the message.