[THIN] Re: Publishing App as a User

  • From: Dogers <dogers@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 15:40:55 +0100

On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 10:29:29 -0400, Greg Reese <gareese@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> You can always set a user id and password in the ICA setup on the
> client side.  I do this for an app here so all the users ever see is
> the login to their app.

Ahh.. I knew I'd seen it somewhere! :) Was hoping for it to be server
side so I dont have to visit each user who wants to access it (even
though theres only 20, im lazy ;) )

> 16bit apps are goofy.  Could be as simple as a missing file somewhere
> or a missing path.  Are you filtering fimemon for that exe?  Maybe it
> is trying to open something else and the filter is hiding it.

Hmm.. Theres only really NTVDM and CheckWin running, the app doesnt
have any other exes in its folder. Have given up for now and stuck it
on a standalone XP machine and made a note to find a replacement
sometime! Its one of those daft programs that only gets used for 5
minutes per client once a year, so it can happily sit dormant :)

Andrew
This Weeks Sponsor RTO Software
http://www.rtosoft.com/enter.asp?id=320