[THIN] Published app won't execute/help

  • From: jstrowe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 09:17:15 -0400

MF Xpa, a mixed windows 2000 and 2003 farm.  (yes 2003 terminal server)
Here's the problem.  One published app which was running fine that is on
one of my two 2003 servers won't run for some users.
The apps won't run means:
Nfuse environment:
1. user clicks on apps
2. login script and usrlogon.cmd runs (can see on screen)
3. executable does not run
4. if user (that's me half the time) clicks on full screen in ICA
connection manager I get a full screen but the executable has not run.
(I "think" I get everything else that normally runs for the published app)
5. if i look on my management console:
a. the user does have a connection to the server
b. I can monitor connection settings and the program I WANT is the only
thing not running.

This seems to be on Windows 95 clients only.  I have ripped off and
reinstalled an up to date web client.

I'm stuck, this is at best a "shotgun" upgrade for the affected users.
(to get them at leaST up to Windows 98)
This Weeks Sponsor: Cesura, Inc.
Know about Citrix end-user slowdowns before they know.
Know the probable cause, immediately.
Know it all now with this free white paper.
http://www.cesurasolutions.com/landing/WPBCForCitrix.htm?mc=WETBCC