[THIN] Re: Published app not working sporadically

  • From: Rob Slayden <rslayden@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 7 May 2004 20:13:26 -0700

Greg,

Did you remove the server from the farm first and then re-install, or just
re-install? We appear to have tracked down most of our problems. Seems that
we had some issues with teaming so we broke the teams, but none of the
servers would announce their MAC addys to the Cisco switches. Major
broadcast traffic happening on the Citrix VLAN until we performed a SHUT/NO
SHUT on every Citrix-connected switch port. MAC addys appeared and comms in
the VLAN are MUCH better now. I have a problem now with no servers appearing
in the CMC under the servers tab, or in the servers drop-down in the Printer
Management utility. They used to be there (that's my story and I'm sticking
to it <g>). I can manage the servers in the Published Applications
(add/remove, all appear) but I cannot manage the servers individually in the
servers tab which is a bad thing! On Monday I will be rebuilding 4 servers
that seem to reboot randomly so I will see if they populate the Servers tab.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

rob